Boston College Law School, J.D.
- Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review, Managing Editor
University of Michigan, B.A.
- Brain, Behavior and Cognitive Sciences; Sociology with sub-concentration in Law, Criminology and Deviance
- University Academic Honors
- University of Michigan’s Department of Molecular, Cellular and Development Biology and Department of Neurology, Research Assistant
News & Resources
Mr. Desai is a corporate attorney with a concentration in private equity and business services. He focuses his practice primarily on the representation of private equity funds and their portfolio companies.
- Represents companies with respect to corporate governance matters
- Represents clients in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Assists with corporate restructuring, financing and general corporate matters
- Assisted private equity firm in a $395 million sale of a company that provides services in the hydraulic fracturing industry
- Represented private equity fund in a $25 million add-on acquisition of a printing company, including performing due diligence and drafting ancillary agreements
- Assisted in closing a $44 million sale and merger of a portfolio company of a private equity client
- Represented a private equity client in an add-on acquisition of a construction company and related refinancing
News & Resources
- The team consisting of Kimberly Dudek, Thomas Appledorn, Jeffery Kuras, David A. Ettinger, Phillip Desai, Laura Davis, Joshua M. Munro and Nola Garcia is mentioned as counsel to ZF TRW in The Deal article “Illinois Tool Works makes big splash"(January 25, 2016)
- Donovan v. Philip Morris USA, Inc.:The Best Approach to Satisfying the Injury Requirement in Medical Monitoring Claims(2011)38 Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review 95