Wayne State University, M.A.
Wayne State University, B.A.
News & Resources
Mr. Hilpert is a tax and economic incentive consultant with more than 20 years of state and local tax experience in Michigan.
- Advises clients on state and local tax matters, particularly property tax issues, and assisting in securing tax credits, grants and other government economic development incentives
- Represents clients during tax audits and before state administrative agencies, including the Michigan Tax Tribunal
- Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Michigan Property Tax Assessor
- Served over eight years as Chairman of Michigan's State Tax Commission, three years as a Michigan Tax Tribunal Judge and four years as Deputy State Treasurer
- Served as policy advisor to the Michigan State Senate and chief aid to the Senate Finance Committee
- Worked as a Senior Tax Manager at a "big four" accounting firm and a tax consultant at another major law firm
- Frequent lecturer on property tax and tax incentive topics at various organizations, including Institute of Professionals in Taxation; Michigan Realtors Association; Cooley Law School; Michigan Association of CPA's; Independent Accountants Association of Michigan; Council on State Taxation
- Published numerous papers and articles in various business journals
News & Resources
Seminars & Events
- Your Guide to Michigan Tax Resolution, The Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA), WebinarDecember 17, 2015, Presenter
- Michigan Commercial Property Tax Appeals, CPEconomy Event, The Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA), Frankenmuth, MIMay 12, 2015, Co-presenter
- Planning for Your Personal Property Tax Exemption, Michigan Manufacturers Association, WebinarDecember 5, 2014, Co-presenter
- Michigan One-Day Tax Seminar, The Institute for Professionals in Taxation in cooperation with the Michigan Department of Treasury, Taylor, MISeptember 2011, Presenter
- Invest in Michigan – Business Gets the Upper Hand, Michigan Tax Conference, Novi, MINovember 2009, Co-presenter
- October 4, 2007