Michigan State University, B.A.
Lansing Community College, Certificate
- Legal Assistant Studies
State Bar of Michigan, Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section
Ms. LaForgia is a paralegal with more than 18 years of experience in both the litigation and corporate environments.
- Assists in representing restaurants and hotels with liquor license acquisitions and transfers
- Provides legal research and online investigative research, including corporate and UCC research
- Prepares corporate documents for filing with the State of Michigan and Political Action Committee reports for the State of Michigan in compliance with election laws
- Assists on large litigation cases involving extensive discovery and electronic discovery, including experience with litigation software such as Summation and Trial Director, organization and management of documents, preparation of privilege logs, pleadings and other litigation related documents
- Prepares Treasury TD 90.-22.1 forms for captive insurance companies to insure compliance with Treasury requirements for reporting off-shore accounts