Oakland Community College, A.A.S.
- Legal Studies
- magna cum laude
State Bar of Michigan, Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section
Ms. Hammers is a paralegal in the Real Estate Department with more than 25 years of experience. She focuses on environmental and real estate legal matters.
- Researches various aspects of environmental law, including extensive use of Westlaw and Lexis, regulatory agency websites, court docket and administrative docket databases and the Internet
- Drafts, reviews, cite-checks and formats various types of documents submitted to courts, administrative agencies and clients, including client memoranda, Freedom of Information Act requests, exhibit lists, submittals to administrative agencies and responses to administrative and judicial document production requests, including electronic preparation and numbering, preparation of and sending client alerts
- Obtains, organizes and maintains documents in environmental litigation and administrative cases, obtains and retrieves documents for response to factual issues; prepares deposition and transcript summaries
- Maintains Environmental Law Practice Group research library and research files; maintenance of document databases, including the use of Summation and Excel
- Maintains client organization website, including updating membership lists, member notices and research information, and prepares updates for members regarding contaminated sediment sites
- Assists in various aspects of commercial real estate and loan acquisitions, including drafting resolutions, corporate structure charts and other ancillary transaction documents, preparing closing binders, and recording documents and preparing and filing UCC financing statements in various state and local jurisdictions
- Conducts UCC litigation, tax and real estate searches