Eastern Michigan University, B.S.
- Elementary Education and English
Madonna University, Certificate
- Paralegal Studies
American Bar Association, Associate Member, 1990-present
State Bar of Michigan, Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section, 1990-present
Ms. Gooze is a paralegal in the Litigation Department with more than 25 years of legal experience.
- Concentrates practice in the area of construction litigation, including bonds, liens, Miller Act and "Little Miller Act" claims, delay and acceleration claims, extra work claims and claims relating to defective work
- Assists with the representation of owners, general contractors and trade contractors in various aspects of construction litigation
- Assists with the representation of clients in other complex litigation matters, with extensive experience in taking any type of case, from its inception, and assisting in all stages of the litigation, through the appeal
- Assists with reviewing, proofreading and formatting various types of briefs, including appellate court briefs
- Extensive experience in trial preparation and assistance in jury trials, non-jury trials, arbitrations, mediations, evidentiary hearings, special facilitations, etc., in metropolitan Detroit, the State of Michigan, Federal courts and nationally, including involvement in jury selection and attendance at all proceedings
- Assisted in the preparation for construction arbitrations and trials, including involvement in one of the longest trials in Oakland County court history
- Prepared for trials in out-of-town locations, including mobilizing resources and creating a working environment in a foreign jurisdiction
- Drafted various legal documents, including construction lien-related documents and forms, discovery requests and responses, witness lists, exhibit lists and jury voir dire