- magna cum laude
- Michigan Journal of Gender & Law, Articles Editor, Articles Selection Committee; Governing Council of the State Bar of Michigan, Student Representative
- cum laude; Alpha Kappa Delta Honors Society
- Ohio University Men’s Rowing Team
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
State Bar of Michigan
Mr. Lockhart is an attorney in the Litigation Department who concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation, white collar criminal defense, internal investigations, disputes arising out of private equity transactions, and data security and privacy matters. His broad range of litigation experience includes white collar criminal defense, contract disputes, business torts, injunction proceedings, class action defense and high-stakes complex commercial litigation.
- Represents private equity firms and their portfolio companies in commercial litigation and internal investigations typically involving allegations of criminal or civil fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract
- Represents clients in class action matters involving a variety of issues, including defending against Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) claims
- Represents clients in complex commercial litigation matters involving a variety of issues, including fraud, securities, contracts, trade secrets, real estate, shareholder and partnership, non-compete, and business tort issues
- Counsels clients on information management issues, including e-discovery and data privacy and security in both litigation and non-litigation settings
- Counsels international automotive manufacturers in commercial disputes with their suppliers, distributors, customers or competitors
- Possesses experience in several aspects of litigation—from pre-filing investigations through post-trial motions—including e-discovery, written discovery, depositions, and significant motion practice
- Conducted an internal investigation for a private equity firm following the discovery of a multi-year accounting fraud by its portfolio company’s Chief Financial Officer; managed e-Discovery and data collection efforts; and assisted in the negotiation of a settlement with a national accounting firm on related accounting malpractice and gross negligence claims.
- Conducted an internal investigation of a private equity portfolio company following a terminated employee’s allegations of fraud and harassment; assisted in the development of a plan for corrective action and dissuaded the former employee from pursuing claims.
- Assisted in an internal investigation regarding suspected unauthorized access to a client’s computer network system by a former IT employee.
- Represented a privately held corporation as second chair trial counsel in a jury trial involving trade secret and confidentiality issues
- Assisted clients in responding to inquiries and/or investigations by federal and state agencies
Participated in various organizations while attending undergraduate and law school, including:
- a student attorney for the University of Michigan Law School Litigation and Advanced Litigation Clinics
- student law clerk for the Hon. Arlene Singer in the Ohio Sixth District Court of Appeals
- an undergraduate legal intern in the Ohio Public Defender’s office
News & Resources
- Ethical Considerations When Dealing With Incentive Opportunities(Nov-Dec 2012)Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives, Vol. 22, No. 8