University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- cum laude; Emmett E. Eagan Award; Certificate of Merit in Bankruptcy
Central Michigan University, M.A.
- Economics department graduate research assistant
Alma College, B.A.
- magna cum laude; Harburn Scholar Athlete Award
- Paul Hastings LLP, Associate, Chicago, IL (2010-2013)
- Greenberg Traurig LLP, Associate, Chicago, IL (2009-2010)
- Dearborn Bancorp, Inc., Business Analyst, Dearborn, MI (2005-2006)
News & Resources
Mr. Jones is a partner in our Corporate Department and focuses his practice in mergers and acquisitions, including leveraged buyouts; divestitures; financing and general corporate matters.
- Represents private equity and venture capital funds and their portfolio companies, as well as public companies
- Prepares and negotiates transaction documents, including purchase agreements, equity documents and employment agreements
- Assisted a client engaged in the provision of customized debt financing, leasing and direct equity investments to high growth venture capital-backed companies in a $1 billion capital investment by private investors
- Counseled a private equity fund client in the $360 million sale of a portfolio company engaged in the design, manufacture and marketing of consumable products to therapy, rehabilitation and wellness markets
- Represented public company client in the $170 million acquisition of 12 entities and their subsidiaries engaged in the provision of business compliance and corporate governance services
- Assisted a private equity fund client in the $165 million sale of its portfolio company that operates a network of health care providers
- Aided portfolio company of private equity fund client in the $160 million leveraged acquisition of the assets of nine independent companies providing brokerage services in the food service industry
- Counseled private equity fund client in the $97 million leveraged acquisition of a provider of rehabilitative physical, occupational and speech therapy services
- Represented private equity fund client in the $96 million leveraged acquisition of a manufacturer of air, gas and process filtration products
- Assisted private equity fund client in the $57 million leveraged acquisition of a provider of in-home respiratory services, infusion services and home medical equipment and supplies
- Counseled private equity fund client in the $322 million sale of an employment staffing services company
- Represented private equity fund client in the $230 million sale of a medical laboratory services company
- Assisted private equity fund client in the $43 million leveraged acquisition of a company engaged in the business of recovery management services related to debt collections
News & Resources
- Honigman’s board elects twelve new partners(January 19, 2015)
- Eric M. Jones joins Honigman’s Corporate Department(April 15, 2013)