Madonna University, B.S.
- Paralegal Studies
- with highest honors
Henry Ford Community College, A.B.
- Legal Assistant
- summa cum laude
State Bar of Michigan, Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section
Ms. Short is a paralegal in the Corporate Department with more than ten years of legal experience.
- Concentrates practice in various areas of corporate law, including:
- Formation of profit and non-profit corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, and the preparation and filing of qualifications, amendments, assumed names, mergers, conversions, dissolutions, annual reports, Employer Identification Number applications and state tax registrations
- Transactional work, including preparation of closing checklists and corporate structure charts, obtaining and analyzing due diligence and performing UCC, litigation and tax lien searches
- Drafting of ancillary transaction documents
- Facilitation of acquisition, merger and financing transaction closings
- Maintains corporate records of companies, including drafting of resolutions, bylaws, operating agreements, certificates, share subscriptions, affidavits, notes and stock records
- UCC filings
- Assists in the preparation and filing of securities filings, including Form ID, Form D and EDGAR filings