University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- cum laude
Michigan State University, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Supreme Court
State Bar of Michigan
International Association of Gaming Attorneys
News & Resources
Ms. Hansen is a litigation attorney with a particular focus on gaming, election, and appellate law.
- Gaming: represents and counsels casinos and suppliers to casinos; concentrates in gaming regulatory issues, advises clients on the requirements of Michigan Gaming Law and represents clients in administrative hearings; possesses extensive experience with licensing issues, compliance matters and regulatory proceedings before the Michigan Gaming Control Board; represents gaming clients with respect to business matters and litigation of particular concern to the gaming industry
- Election Law: represents and counsels candidates and companies with respect to campaign finance issues, formation of candidate committees and PACs and compliance therewith; extensive experience in preparing and challenging ballot initiatives at a local, county and state level before the Board of State Canvassers, Michigan Court of Appeals and Michigan Supreme Court; experience with state regulation of campaign finance and lobbying issues, forms and compliance matters; election law experience, including recount and recall procedures
- Appellate: serves as appellate counsel in state and federal courts on commercial, gaming, election, divorce, employment and other complex matters
Elder Law of Michigan, Inc.
- Board of Directors, 2011-present
News & Resources
- Andrea L. Hansen is featured in the Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly article “MiLW’s 2014 Women in the Law honorees announced”(July 24, 2014)
- John D. Pirich and Andrea L. Hansen are mentioned as attorneys for the group People Protecting Michigan Jobs in the Crain’s Detroit Business article “Next battle in minimum wage fight set for Thursday in Lansing”(July 18, 2014)
- Andrea Hansen quoted in the National Public Radio online article “Language of recall petition against Rick Snyder approved”(April 10, 2012)Also quoted in the Detroit News, AnnArbor.com and EclectaBlog
- Andrea Hansen's appointment to the Elder Law of Michigan Board noted in the Lansing State Journal(August 20, 2011)Also noted in Michigan Lawyers Weekly and Ingham County Legal News
- Honigman attorneys named 2016 Michigan Super Lawyers and 'Rising Stars'(September 1, 2016)
- 27 Honigman practice areas and 107 attorneys recognized(August 17, 2016)
- 130 Honigman attorneys named in the 2015 Michigan Super Lawyers(September 8, 2015)
- 120 Honigman attorneys named in the 2014 Michigan Super Lawyers(September 12, 2014)
- 129 Honigman attorneys named in the 2013 Michigan Super Lawyers(September 17, 2013)
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2016 and 2017
- Named one of 30 “Women in the Law” for 2014 by Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2013-2016
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated