Madonna University, B.S.
- Paralegal Studies
- with highest honors
Oakland Community College, A.B.
- Business Administration
State Bar of Michigan, Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section
Ms. Dafoe is a paralegal in the Real Estate Department with more than 20 years of legal experience. She concentrates her legal support in commercial real estate transactions.
- Coordinates various phases of commercial real estate acquisition, sale and financing transactions, including analysis and timelines of purchase agreements, preparing closing documents, coordinating closings, and organizing and preparing closing binders
- Assists and coordinates transactional closings of complex commercial real estate and loan acquisitions and helps with various aspects of such closings
- Drafts closing and conveyance documents, opinion letters and escrow instruction letters
- Coordinates due diligence orders for title, survey, organizational documents and UCC searches
- Prepares and files UCC financing statements in various state and local jurisdictions